About the business
About the business and the role
Multicultural Care is a non- government, not-for-profit, secular community-based organisation that specialises in providing person-centred, consumer directed home care services to frail-aged people, people with disability and their carers from CALD backgrounds.
Multicultural Care’s consumers and participants are from many diverse cultures and social backgrounds. They ensure all people are treated with respect and that their privacy, health, wellbeing and cultural/linguistic needs are primary considerations.
Multicultural Care receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health, National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
About the role
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, The object of this role is to ensure that a person-centred approach is central to the vision of care to all clients as part of Centre Based Respite program and receiving Flexible Respite from all cultural backgrounds that meet their individual social, emotional, psychological and physical needs.
Benefits and perks
Job benefits and perks
- Supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging
Skills and experience
- Certificate IV qualification in Leisure and Lifestyle or equivalent
- 2-3 years relevant experience in the Aged Care Industry
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and planning events
- Applied knowledge of enabling consumers to achieve independence
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with sound communication and literacy skills
- Ability to work with a high level of independence and autonomy
- Ability to support and supervise bilingual Support Staff
- Good administrative and computer skills to maintain client files
- Effective communication, negotiation, organisational, time management and customer service skills
- Ability to speak another language
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check
- A current driver’s license and own vehicle