Play a key role and make a valuable difference in bringing a unique organisation through its exciting next stages of growth.
Multicultural Care is a non-government, not-for-profit, secular community-based organisation that specialises in providing person-centred, consumer directed home care services to frail-aged people, people with disability and their carers from CALD backgrounds.
Multicultural Care’s consumers and participants are from many diverse cultures and social backgrounds. They ensure all people are treated with respect and that their privacy, health, wellbeing, and cultural/linguistic needs are primary considerations.
Multicultural Care receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
Multicultural Care now has an exciting, opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our dedicated team in Sydney, on a part-time basis (flexible hours equivalent to 2-3 days a week) depending on the funding.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, you will be responsible for providing services and programs to Clients who are keen to stay in their own homes independently with some support. You will conduct assessments and provide in home services to meet the goals and needs of our clients located in Sydney Inner West, South East and South West Regions.
You will require:
• A recognized Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
• Registration as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
• Demonstrated experience in similar role for at least two years
• Demonstrated capability to undertake detailed home modification specifications
• To assess client’s needs, set goals and treatment plans to meet these goals
• A passion for frail aged client
• Good communication skills and organisational skills.
• Excellent time management skills and problem solving ability
• Computer skills
• Understanding of requirements of Commonwealth Home Support and Packaged Care Programs
About the Benefits
In return, you will receive an attractive remuneration package plus super, with salary packaging options available.
This is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role, and you will finish each working day knowing you have improved the lives of others and truly made a difference within the community!
The position is a part time position with flexible hours including occasionally working out of standard hours.
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application close : 30th January 2019