ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Multicultural Care is a non- government, not-for-profit, secular community-based organisation that specialises in providing person-centred, consumer directed home care services to frail-aged people, people with disability and their carers from CALD backgrounds.
Multicultural Care’s consumers and participants are from many diverse cultures and social backgrounds. They ensure all people are treated with respect and that their privacy, health, wellbeing and cultural/linguistic needs are primary considerations.
Multicultural Care receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health, National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
The purpose of the Community Visitors Scheme is to enhance the quality of life for older people either living in their own residence and receiving a Home Care Package or in a residential aged care setting. The development of the ongoing friendship from the volunteer provides an opportunity for the recipients to feel a continued sense of belonging within their local community.
As the CVS Coordinator you will be required to source, select, induct and support all of our new volunteers providing them with the tools to maximise the social engagement whilst matching them with recipients to make regular ongoing visits and meet funded numbers target for specific regions across Sydney. You will be required to maintain a positive relationship with key stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Coordinate volunteers following National best practise standards and Multicultural Care’s volunteer management policies and processes
- In conjunction with the Manager Client Services and in consultation with relevant stakeholders, review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the CVS program, identify opportunities for improvement and ensure the program continues to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Promote, raise awareness and educate internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of the program to increase awareness, participation and encourage recruitment of new volunteers and recipient referrals
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in coordinating a volunteer or community program and managing all aspects
- Demonstrated experience in implementing volunteering and/or community service programs
- High interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a professional telephone manner
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Organisational, planning and time management skills
- Intermediate levels of computer literacy in using a range of Office computer packages including, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Pragmatic, organised and demonstrates sound judgment
- Resilience and proven ability to adapt style and approach to suit varying situations
- Attention to detail
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS:
In return, you will receive an attractive remuneration package plus super, with salary packaging options available.
This is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role, and you will finish each working day knowing you have improved the lives of others and truly made a difference within the community!
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: 10 February 2019