Multicultural Care is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, specialising in home and community-based support services for frail-aged people, people with disability, and their carers from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Multicultural Care’s consumers and participants are from many diverse cultures and social backgrounds. They ensure all people are treated with respect and that their privacy, health, wellbeing, and cultural/linguistic needs are primary considerations.
Multicultural Care receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
We have a strong team of caring individuals who are client-focused and we are a dynamic organisation that is encouraging of innovation and change.
- Supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging
About the role
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, you will be leading a small team of Case Managers, and hold a case load of Home Care Packages. As well as providing support to the team, you will coordinate case conferences, care plans, reporting and ensure the smooth running of case management for clients
Skills and experience
- At least 4 years’ experience working within a client management role within the Aged Care or Community Services sectors.
- A qualification in Community Services, Aged Care, Community or Case Management would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of needs and issues of older people from CALD background and their carers Ability to maintain and promote and independence-focussed approach to assessment and development of goal-based care plans.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective care plans which address client needs within individual budget constraints
- High level of organisational and time management skills
- Experience in supervision
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with sound communication and literacy skills
- Ability to work with a high level of independence and autonomy
- Ability to support and supervise bilingual Support Staff
- Good administrative and computer skills to maintain client files
- Effective communication, negotiation, organisational, time management and customer service skills
- Ability to speak another language
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check
- A current driver’s license and own vehicle
- Experience in writing and submitting reports
To apply click APPLY NOW