- Newly created customer service opportunity coordinating incoming referrals and enquiries
- Well respected NFP supporting frail-aged people and those with disabilities from a CALD background
- Competitive remuneration package negotiable with skills and experience + salary packaging options
About the Organisation
Multicultural Care (MC) is a not‐for‐profit, secular, community organisation specialising in home and community‐based support services for frail‐aged people, people with disability, and their carers, from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds across Sydney’s inner west, south west and south east.
All services are aimed at assisting people to remain living at home as independently as possible, whilst providing them with the choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Multicultural Care now has a brand new, full-time opportunity for an Intake and Referral Coordinator to join their dedicated team in Campsie in Sydney’s south western suburbs.
Reporting to the Manager – Client Services, this position will see you acting as the first point of contact for incoming referrals and enquiries into the organisation. This is a critical customer service role, requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a thorough understanding of Multicultural Care’s services and client group needs.
Some of your key duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Receiving incoming referral and enquiries via a number of channels including direct calls and emails from prospective clients and/or referring agencies, and the My Aged Care portal;
- Providing customer information on Multicultural Care’s services and intake process;
- Accurately completing referral/intake records and ensuring that the referral/enquiry is promptly forwarded to the appropriate person for further action;
- Liaising with case managers and prospective clients/participants to arrange initial assessments and reassessments; and
- When required, assisting prospective clients to access an interpreter and work with the interpreter/s as needed.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you will have previous experience in a fast-paced administrative or customer service role, with well-developed data entry skills and the ability to coordinate client bookings and interpret billing processes in a multidisciplinary environment. A Certificate IV or similar in Aged Care and/or any experience gained within the aged care or disability sectors would be highly regarded, but is not mandatory.
Speed and accuracy in the processing of data will be critical to your success in this role. You will be working across multiple diaries and databases at any given time and the ability to juggle this, whilst maintaining accuracy of client information, will be key.
You will also need strong literacy skills, with the ability to read and interpret complex client records and medical documentation. Advanced Microsoft Outlook skills will be a must and any experience using client management software/s will be highly regarded.
This role would be well-suited to someone from a call centre or health administrative background who has a customer service focus, strong active listening skills, and is comfortable speaking to CALD clients on the phone with patience and empathy to coordinate appointments as required. Bilingual or multilingual candidates will be highly regarded, however this is not mandatory.
Please note: Prior to commencement you will be required to undergo a National Police Check.
About the Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an empathetic, customer-focused individual to join a well-established and growing NFP in Sydney.
An attractive remuneration is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience. You will also have access to salary packaging options to further increase your take home pay.
You’ll work within a family friendly, close-knit team of people who love what they do and you’ll love the autonomy you will gain from starting in a brand new role that you can truly make your own.
So what are you waiting for! If you have a love for providing great customer service and are looking for your next big career opportunity, don’t wait – Apply Now!