- Newly created opportunity establishing and coordinating a carers’ peer support program
- Well respected NFP supporting frail-aged people and those with disabilities from a CALD background
- 2 year, fixed term contract with possible extension subject to funding
- Competitive remuneration package of $73,000 – $78,000 + salary packaging options
About the Organisation
Multicultural Care (MC) is a not‐for‐profit, secular, community organisation specialising in home and community‐based support services for frail‐aged people, people with disability, and their carers, from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds across Sydney’s inner west, south west and south east.
All services are aimed at assisting people to remain living at home as independently as possible, whilst providing them with the choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided.
About the Opportunity
Due to recent funding, Multicultural Care now has an exciting, brand new opportunity for a Carers’ Coordinator – Local Connector to join their dedicated team in Campsie in Sydney’s south western suburbs. This role is being offered on a 2 year, fixed term contract, with potential extension.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and coordinating a new FACS funded carers’ peer support program, to be run as an action research trial project over two years.
The project involves adapting, establishing, and evaluating the Weavers one-on-one model of peer support, which is delivered by volunteers with lived experience of caring over a 12 to 20-week period. The project is specifically aimed at carers from CALD backgrounds.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Establishing the Multicultural Weavers Project in line with the project plan and funding body requirements and ensuring services are delivered efficiently and effectively;
- Recruiting, training and supporting a team of bi-lingual volunteers and matching them with carers who would benefit from one-on-one peer support;
- Ensuring carers receive the full support that is appropriate to their individual strengths and needs, with an emphasis on wellness and enablement; and
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation, delivery and outcomes of the project using an evidence-based approach.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you will have demonstrated lived experience as a carer and a strong understanding of the challenges and needs of people providing aged care services. This can include personal experience delivering carer services to a friend or family member, or professional experience working within the aged care sector.
Ongoing and final evaluation is a critical project deliverable for this role and as such, you will need to have strong data collection, evaluation and reporting skills. You will be a proven project manager with the organisational skills to coordinate project activities and establish a new service, including the recruitment of volunteers.
Importantly, Multicultural Care is looking for someone with a genuine passion for providing high quality, person-centred programs and an understanding of the needs and issues experienced by carers from CALD backgrounds.
Please note: A current Driver’s License, with access to a reliable vehicle is required for this position. Multicultural Care is also wanting candidates who are bilingual or multilingual, to better support and understand the needs of both your team and your client base. Prior to commencement you will be required to undergo a National Police Check, First Aid Certification and obtain a Working with Children check.
About the Benefits
This is a rewarding opportunity to help people who dedicate their lives to helping others.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, circa $73,000 – $78,000 inclusive of super (negotiable with skills and experience). You will also have access to salary packaging options to further increase your take home pay.
You’ll work within a family friendly, close-knit team of people who love what they do and you’ll finish each working day knowing you have improved the lives of others and made a difference within the community.
So what are you waiting for? If you have the skills we are looking for and are looking to kick start the next rewarding stage of your career, don’t wait – Apply Now!