- Are you seeking a stand-alone HR role where you are the driver?
- Work within our excellent processes and frameworks to build the People and Culture function
- Working autonomously to achieve outcomes, you will report directly to the CEO
Multicultural Care is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, specialising in home and community-based support services for frail-aged people, people with disability, and their carers from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Multicultural Care’s consumers and participants are from many diverse cultures and social backgrounds. They ensure all people are treated with respect and that their privacy, health, wellbeing, and cultural/linguistic needs are primary considerations.
Multicultural Care receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
We have a strong team of caring individuals who are client-focused and we are a dynamic organisation that is encouraging of innovation and change.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an expert People and Culture Advisor to join our small and dedicated team based in Campsie, NSW on a full time basis.
Working in collaboration with the CEO, you will be responsible for driving all People and HR practices within the organisation, using our up to date frameworks, policies and procedures. Although this role is newly created, we will set you up for success, working with our outsourced HR partner to provide an introduction to our systems and a handover.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our operational HR casework as well as an expert knowledge of terms and conditions of employment.
- Creatively and proactively contribute to building culture based on our values.
- Manage and maintain HR documentation, files and processes.
- Advise the team on all People concerns.
- Be a strong coach to the leaders in the organisation to improve their HR skills and awareness.
- Warmly engage the team to connect with the People and Culture function.
- Empathetically, fairly and firmly support managers in performance managing employees where required, including termination.
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy at all times.
- Act as the Return to Work Coordinator.
- Conduct regular WHS audits, maintain a compliant WHS framework and proactively encourage a culture of safety.
- Contribute to an organisational awareness of best practice in Human Resources.
- Scope, develop and implement project work in collaboration with the CEO.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated HR experience, at least at an Advisor level within the Aged Care and/or Community sector.
- A well-developed and forward-thinking knowledge of, and experience in the application of contemporary HR procedures and practices.
- An ability to interact proactively and warmly with management and the team in the resolution of HR issues.
- A strong understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, Industrial Agreements and interpretation of policies and procedures in plain English.
- A sensitivity for diversity and inclusion – you value differences and see the strength in them.
- A strong knowledge and experience of online systems – you have well-developed computer literacy skills within MS environment.
- A relevant tertiary qualification, demonstrated competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
What will we do for you?
- You will receive an attractive remuneration package, with salary packaging options available.
- You will work in a family-friendly, diverse, close-knit team environment where you will be celebrated with cake on your birthday!
- You will have the opportunity to grow with the organisation and make your mark.
This is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role, and you will finish each working day knowing you have improved the lives of others, and truly made a difference within the community!
To apply click APPLY NOW