- Non profit organisation
- Convenient South West location
A dynamic Assistant Accountant role with immediate start. The successful applicant will have at least 3 years accounting experience, preferably within the Non-Profit industry.
We are a non-profit organisation within the home care sector. Providing the best possible quality care to our clients. The organisation values politeness and professionalism within all teams. The role will be filled by an efficient and bright applicant who will add value to the business.
The Assistant Accountant will work directly with the Accounts and Admin Assistant, reporting to the Financial Controller, providing financial accounting support services in line with business requirements. You will be key in contributing to the business growth strategy by assisting and improving the overall accounting processes and systems.
- Support day to day accounting responsibilities in the finance area
- Prepare and process month end journals and reports
- Assist in month end close
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Funding Reconciliations
- Compliance with relevant financial standards
- Various cost allocation processes
- Preparation of Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Creating and maintenance of fixed asset register
- Preparing the Business Activity Statements
- Reconciling the government funding
- Preparation of Balance sheet and Profit and Loss statements on a monthly basis
- Post daily and monthly journal entries.
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting
- Ability to work in fast paced environment in a collaborative manner
- Deadline oriented
- Solid initiative and problem solving skills
- Experience in working with Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of TCM Client Software and Xero Accounting systems will be an advantage.
The position is a full time position with a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. We also offer generous salary packaging benefits.
Apply on firstname.lastname@example.org